Saturday, September 3, 2011

A day with the Haskett's




These last couple days have been the best! My brother and sister in law drove down to Colorado for an open house my parents threw for them. It turned out wonderful! Yesterday, my sweet husband was kind enough to let me go with my family on their all day adventure down in Colorado Springs. We started off going to see the Air Force Base. I know this sounds silly, but I have this huge fear of air planes. Every size of air plane. I will not go near any plane that's on the ground. So we get there and my dad always wants to stop at the B-52 plane that is supported on concrete cinderblocks on display. Well I walked up towards the back of the plane, and for some reason the size of the Tail of the plane freaked me out so bad. I just got these flashes of the tail falling off and crushing people or the whole plane fell off the cinder blocks. I know, my family thinks I'm crazy too. Anyways we continue up to see the chapel. I love going up there and seeing the chapel. It is so beautiful and peaceful there.









Then we drive over to Garden of the Gods. It was ruined by the rudest man I've ever met. He was driving atleast 25 MPH in this really small parking lot. And I was crossing the parking lot, my sister was behind me. And this guy just comes flying up to Kaylee and I we had to hurry across just to avoid getting hit. I leaned over and said "My goodness, could we drive any faster through this parking lot" and the guy somehow heard me. I thought it was odd, because I didn't really say it that loud. I found out his windows were down. Anyway he slams on his breaks and leaned over and shouted, "Hey fatty, could you eat another doughnut?". Yes now that I think about it, it was the most childish comment I've ever heard coming out of a 40 year old man's mouth. I almost turned around and said, "Wow good for you! You can physically point out other peoples faults! That's an amazing trait you have! You must be so proud." But I remember promising Sean not to get in people's faces. So I just kept walking and tried to ignore his stupid comment. But I'm not going to lie, it really hurt. Yes I have let myself go just a little bit, but I had a baby, I gave into the "newly wed weight gain", and I haven't figured out a good schedule yet to fit myself in. I was really glad I brought sunglasses cause it hid the tears that escaped my fingers. I felt bad cause kaylee had to hear that too. So we continued through Garden of the Gods. The whole time I wish I had a jacket or something so no one else had to look at me. And then it starts to rain. Hard. We hurry as fast as we can through the last part of the trail. By the time we reached the cars my clothes were wet and sticking to me. Fantastic. Thank goodness it was cold enough for me to keep my jacket on for the rest of the night.




The night finished up with a baseball game. The Sky Fox's, Colorado's triple A division team. It actually was alot of fun! Although it started down pouring, and then the wind started. It was really cold.

We didn't get home until about 1 this morning, but other then the putz in the parking lot, it turned out to be a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment