Monday, September 12, 2011

15 Month Molars are brutal

Today was Ellie's 15 month check up! We're happy to announce that Ellie is right on track! She is starting to not like going to the doctor already :( heaven knows that child has so many doctors appointments, plus two ER visits already. I know it could be worse but I still feel bad. Especially after she had her blood drawn last time we were there. She did not like the doctor even taking a look at her. But we were had confirmation that Ellie's molars are coming in, and it seems like the tops and bottoms are coming in at the same time. I dunno how normal that is, but her doctor was definitely surprised at finding that out. And then she said something that made my heart drop, "Okay the nurse will be in in a minute to administer Ellie her shots". I know this isn't bad, but it seriously just kills me. It always brings me back to the first time she had to get shots. I cried in the office that day because of how hard Ellie was crying... my poor baby :(

So after getting home and feeding her lunch, Ellie and I came down stairs and turned on Tangled for her. She loves this movie. I could tell that she was feelin pretty miserable because she just snuggled with me on the couch for the majority of the movie. Usually she doesn't want to have anything to do with you and she literally bounces off every wall in our house from how much energy she has. I felt sad for her because she didn't feel good, but it was also nice just being able to hold her again, it's been a really long time since she last let me just hold her. It helped me remember how sweet she really is through her awful temper tantrums shes been throwing lately. :)

After her nap the rest of the day was mostly spent coloring in the coloring books she just got. She loves just going through her crayon box looking at all the colors by pulling them out and putting them back in. We we're listening to these silly songs that I found off a website, she was trying to figure out how to dance and draw at the same time. lol There's just something about music that makes her want to move in whatever way she can. She's already pretty good about finding the beat and moving with it. She's an incredible kid for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment